Sunday, January 8, 2012

An ode to my Canon PowerShot A570 IS

Everybody laughs at me because I am still using this Canon PowerShot A570 IS camera.  True, it is really old... must be over 100 years old in digital camera age (it came out some time before March 2007).

Personally, I kept on using it because, despite its peculiar personality, it still works after all these years.

Then, there came this New Year's Day.  I took a darn embarrassingly good fall on the street.  As my body fell down, my right side hit the ground first, and, in my right hand was the Canon PowerShot A570 IS camera.

Essentially, I banged the camera on the concrete floor as I fell-- so loud-- and, to be honest, the first thing that came to my head after I fell down was--- "Damn, there goes my grandpa camera."

Interestingly, that camera seemed to be built far more sturdy than my body.  It seems like, although my body suffered quite a bit after the fall, the camera still does its ordinary strange kind of things despite of the big bang. 

As a result, if you ask me whether I would recommend Canon PowerShot A570 IS-- Yes, I would!  Except for, I am not even sure why anyone might still be considering a model that's about 5 years old and with some peculiar inclination such as them battery related problems.  It would definitely have been a good buy 5 years ago. 8-O lol

Regardless, I am finding myself to like this grandpa camera more and more-- not only because it is really weird but also because it could handle good beatings while remaining functional.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment