Saturday, February 12, 2011

My solution to facebook Zynga game viewing problem

Some of you might have experienced this problem I have experienced with zynga games via facebook... it might be cafe world, Farmville etc.

Essentially, the right side of the screen is cut off... leaving you only a partial view of the gaming environment...

Farmville
Cafe World

When it started to happen back weeks if not months ago, it happened when I was using Chrome.

After googling around, I found out that it is a known issue and the official remedy provided by Zynga was to "use a different browser."

Then, when I was in Shanghai, it also occurred when using Firefox with Farmville.

I did try to change the screen resolution for the computer in general but it didn't do a thing to resolve the issue.

Ended up, out of desperation, I discovered a simple resolution to resolve the viewing problem for both Chome and Firefox..... naming... change the zooming of the browser back to default or to 100%.

Firefox

Chrome



I don't know when the zooming parameters got changed and I surely don't know whether this solution might work on your end....

Yet, it solved the problem on my end and I hope it will help you, too...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you!

    I think a lot of people would appreciate it if you could post this to facebook-it seems to be a common problem and your fix works for a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just did... and hope you could share it with your friends, too!

    ReplyDelete