Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Drafts not exported in Blogger

Decided to do a backup for all my blogs earlier.

Since there are almost 300 draft posts in my Ratology Reloaded blog, I decided to create a new private blog, populate it with the data captured in the exported file for Ratology Reloaded and publish these drafts.

It was then did I realize that the drafts (the writings that are not posted to the public) can not be found in the new blog that I had just created.

After checking out the XML file (the export file) briefly, I came up with the conclusion that the problem is in the exporting process rather than in the importing process (though I might be wrong).

Interestingly, drafts were exported as well before... at least back on Sept. 26th, 2010... as indicated by the screenshot of the backup blog I created then.


Haven't found a solution yet and I don't think there is really anything I can do on my end.

Just want to alert you with this issue that just came to my attention.

And, it surely is very annoying to me because now I have to go back making my posts in the internal blog rather than simply share them as drafts when I don't feel like making thoughts public.

No comments:

Post a Comment