Friday, August 10, 2012

A day's work on Nvivo 10 gone!

Mad like hell...

The work I did on Nvivo 10 is all gone... possibly have something to do with the crashing of the program at the end of the day and despite of the fact that I saved the file religiously- not to mention the autosave every 15 minutes...

What I have in file now after the data lost

The code list I exported to Excel yesterday.
Apparently, if one can locate the .tmp.npv file in the temp folder, one should be able to have the data restored-- at least for version 7.  After trying to find the temp file unsuccessfully for the last hour or so, I give up and will have to redo yesterday's work....

From now on, I will make sure I shut the program down every other hour to ensure the data is not saved in my mind only.... 8-X  


8/17/2012 Update

The following is the instruction provided by Nvivo Helpdesk.  Check and see whether it might help resolving your problem since I have already done my recode.


Please follow the steps below to perform a Compact and Repair of your project:
NVivo 9 and 10:
1.    If your project is located on a network drive, copy it to your local machine.
2.    If the project is currently open, close the project via File > Close.
3.    Click the File tab > Manage > Compact and Repair Project.
4.    At the Select Project dialog box, locate and select the project - select NVivo Projects (*.nvp ) to repair a standalone project, or NVivo Server Projects to repair a server project.
5.    Click Open.


5 comments:

  1. Hi ratprincess, this is David from QSR's Support team. Generally when NVivo crashes like this it would generate error log files. Error logs are located in your (My) Documents folder and are named like ‘errT.log’. Would it be possible for you to locate any of these files and email them to support@qsrinternational.com? These files will enable me to investigate further. I also noticed you’ve searched for .tmp.npv file. The NVivo file extension in the temp folder is .tmp.nvp. Could you pls try searching for any files with this extension again and let me know how you go? DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear David, thanks for your response, I have forwarded the errTxxxxxxxx.log file and emailed it to support desk. In addition, nope... I somehow couldn't locate the .tmp.nvp file under the temp folder of my profile C:\Users\myaccount\AppData\Local\Temp.

      Hope these info help!

      Thanks again

      Delete
  2. If you do, then you are on your way to being able to access the Dark Web on your phone.
    You can visit our website: dark web links

    ReplyDelete
  3. New NVivo 12 Full Version
    New Update Link Download NVivo 12 Full Version
    dik.si/NNVivo

    ReplyDelete
  4. NVivo 12 Crack Full version
    Link Download 1
    https://s.id/upd12
    Link Download 2
    https://dik.si/upd12

    ReplyDelete