Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The crash between Word and Endnote

Both Word and Endnote has been crashing left and right whenever I do the copying and pasting thing in Word since... forgot how long... .

It was only minor inconveniences when I was not working too much with the citation thing.  However, it started to become a real hassle when I moved into the literature review era...  It was like... might as well leave the Task Manager Window on since both of them programs are deemed to crash.

I read somewhere online that turning the autoformatting thing off would get the issue resolved... Unfortunately, for weeks and after I turned everything I found off... the issue remained.

Finally, a few days ago, I found the sacred path to that secret screen--hidden only from me. 8-O lol

So, in addition to word running around by itself, paying me no mind, Endnote also went on and on showing this "Server Busy" screen that keeps on popping up like the nightmare on Elm street.


What I think might have put me out of my miseries... meaning stopping the above nightmare on Elm Street is the following procedure...

1.  Go to the Endnote tab in Word and click on that tiny arrow sign at the lower right side of the "Bibliography" section.


2. "The Endnote XN Format Bibliography" pops out.


3. Click on the "Instant Formatting" tab and push the button "Turn off" to turn off instant formatting.


4.  Voila!  Once the "Instant Formatting" feature is off, keep your fingers crossed (and mine)... hoping the server error thing would go adios!


5.  One last note, once the "Instant formatting" feature is off, you would have to manually click on "Update Citations and Bibliography" to get the document formatted in whatever citation format you have chosen.


To ensure this really was what might have solved the problem, I turned the Instant Formatting feature back on to see whether I could recreate the problem... and I did... how I got the screenshot of the above Endnote "Server Busy" error message.

Bon Chance!

1 comment:

  1. This is realy a Nice blog post read on of my blogs It is really helpful article please read it too my blog Facebook keep crashing you can visits our websites or toll free no +1-866-558-4555. solve your problem fastly.

    ReplyDelete