Saturday, August 17, 2013

Grandpa Canon Resurrected--the Magic of a rubber band

During my trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong, my grandpa Canon started to act out even more.  Sometimes, it doesn't even want to stay awake... you turn it on and it goes to sleep. 8-O lol

Since the cover of the battery socket has been broken for a while and got even more "broken" during the trip, I suspected that it has to do with the batteries while I was also thinking it might have really reached the retirement age and time to find a replacement finally.

It's been like this for months... but my grandpa Canon amazingly still work and took many a gb of pictures and videos.
Then, I put a rubber band around it, trying to see whether it might help out with the battery connection problem.  Ended up, it worked... Grandpa Canon got resurrected... and might have also gotten the never-ending "change batteries" if not battery low problem sort of alleviated!  8-O lol

Resurrected is... my grandpa Canon camera... the magic of a rubber band.
If you ask me why I am still trying to figure out how to put my grandpa Canon to use since at a low price, I can find many far more powerful camera--them once-upon-a-time state of the art technologies.  Well, I just find this camera to be very interesting... broken by design and even more broken after years of usage while continuing to be function... 8-O lol (You do have to do some maneuvering to make sure the rubber band wraps around the camera in the right fashion though...)

Grandpa Canon, "Functionality? A cup of coffee."

No comments:

Post a Comment