Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Creative Suite 4 Volume License Installation Problems

After my hard work on resolving the CS4 installation issue, I realised that the issue somehow was not resolved after I got to work today....

What I did was downloading all components, extracting all downloaded files, and burning them files on a DVD...

I tested the installation DVD out on the computer that the files were downloaded to using the adobe downloader and it worked.

Unfortunately, the installation DVD did not work on other computers...

After hearing that people were having problem installing the software using the DVD that I prepared, I decided to try it out using a different computer and I saw the same error message...

The valid license code somehow turned invalid on the other machine while the code still worked on the computer where I had the files first downloaded.

This observation led me to the hypothesis that some information specific to the downloading machine must have been included to the downloaded file.

Eventually, I called up Adobe for some support concerning installation problems...

After almost 30-50 minutes being put on hold, I finally spoke with someone, with the possibility that that part of operation might have been outsourced to India.... Then, this first representative transferred my call to someone else again and I was again for a long long time, put on hold, till I got someone else again... plausibly located in India...

In any case, based on the information I got from both representatives, I came to realise that, for volume licenses, one has to request an official media for the volume licenses. Unless, I suspect, every time one tries to install the software, one has to log in to the adobe account and repeat the multiple-hour process of downloading all files and extracting all files, before one can start imagine having the software installed.

One thing I could tell you after all these running around in circle like a doggie chasing its own tail is that...

One problem associated with technological advances is that people are making thing unnecessarily complicated for everyone involved... 8-O lol

No comments:

Post a Comment