Thursday, December 23, 2010

Learning to use Ubuntu

I came back to use this Ubuntu machines these past two days.

So I thought there is no need to be learning anything new... I was wrong...

One problem I have been encountering is that, when you press the enter key, sometimes the cursor would appear to locate at the beginning of the sentence you were typing rather than at the beginning of a new paragraph.  Other times, it would stay at the end of the sentence and does not move at all.  It is not until when you start typing again would you know where the true location of the cursor is.  In addition, sometimes the cursor would move to the beginning of some other random paragraphs as if it really has its mind.

Although I have no solution to this program, I suspect this might be mainly an issue associated with either the blogger interface or blogger-like design.

Another issue that was really bugging the hell out of me is that I was having such grieve switching between English and the ibus Chinese input methods (e.g., Chinese chewing input method).

I had better luck switching to the Chinese input methods when in OpenOffice; however, I kept on having problem getting the Chinese input to work when inside of a browser.

Finally, by exploring the preferences window... I found out...


Dumb dumb...  all that I needed was to press down control+space to switch among these different input method.  Of course, one can also go on and do whatever customization one's heart desires.  For me, control+space is good enough for now.

Read the manual next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment