Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh.. Chinese version... Where Art Thou?

When preparing for a talk on Ed Tech today, I came across this most obscene technical problem I have ever encountered in my entire... what one might call... Ed Tech career...

Essentially...

"Oh.. Chinese version... Where Art Thou?"

I have tested out many a concept mapping software in my life so far... all in English.

Since this talk is to be delivered in Taiwan and since it is the traditional Chinese being used here, of course, yours truly have to test them software out again using traditional Chinese.

After I found out that Inspiration, Kidspiration and Cmap... all three do not support traditional Chinese, I had the feeling that half of my black hair just turned grey...

FreeMind does support traditional Chinese except for... could use some help on the beutification department.

Finally, I landed on XMind... a savor for my tornment... in search of a concept mapping software that takes in traditional Chinese character.

Ended with the following diagram... my mental model about the components involved in processing "消防演習公文" or fire drill related paper work in Taiwan.  8-O lol

Of course, my mental model can always be wrong... lol


Back to the key point, if you are looking for a relatively easy to use concept mapping software or shareware that works with traditional Chinese, my recommendation would be XMind for the time being.

In other words, 如你再找繁體中文版的概念圖軟體... 試試 XMind

No comments:

Post a Comment