Friday, July 8, 2011

Adobe Connect on iPad 2 and Acer Android tablet

So happy today because I finally got to use Adobe Connect on Ipad 2.

I have intended to try this out for the past two weeks.


Yes... although Apple doesn't allow for flash on Ipad, it is now possible to attend Adobe Connect web conferencing using the Adobe Connect Mobile web conferencing app.

It is a simple and straightforward process. You download and install the app from iTune store for free and click on the icon of the app on your desktop to run it.

Since I was unable to find someone else to conference with me at the time, I signed in as a guest to "connect" with myself.  In retrospective, I should have log on using the android tablet as well...  8-O lol

Played with Adobe Connect on Android tablet back 2-3 weeks ago with another friend and I found the experiences to be fairly similar.

The only problem I have with the mobile app is that... you can't do much with it other than attending the web conference.

Sure, you can talk or share your video captured by the webcam.

Yet, you can not share screen, share apps or share any other thing on your mobile device even if you are the host of the conference.

In addition, sometimes the app allows you to switch from the rear-facing camera to the camera facing the front.  Other times, it simply ignores all your commands.

Regardless, the app does make it possible for people to attend Adobe Connect web conferences.... and... I had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment