Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Google talk volume really low

I posted a question days back about my intent to port my land line to Google talk... though no one else responded... a few days later, I now have some answers to my own question.  lol oops...

Good thing I didn't jump right in because, after testing google talk for the past week or so, I have come to the conclusion that GV might not yet be a product with good enough quality of services (QOS).... at least for calls that are made to landlines since I have not tried it out doing computer-to-computer kinda gtalk.

The biggest obstacle I have encountered so far is that, although I tune the volume to the highest level, the outcome is still very low.

Since I am using the speaker built-in to the ThinkPad laptop and do not have a headset, a lot of times, when speaking on the phone, it would look as if I were resting my head on the keyboard because the speaker is located right at the base of the screen.

Although it is a common problem experienced by many GV users, well documented in GV-related forums and a known issue to Google, it remains to be an issue unresolved to many.



Someone in one of the forums suggested that she fixed her problem by always allowing mail.google.com to access the camera and/or microphone, which could be done through this link.

Unfortunately, it didn't do it for me.

Hope it might solve your issue, though.

Good luck!

(7/17/2011 UPDATE: Something seems to have happened on Google's end.  The volume of calls through google talk seems to have gone up in recent days while nothing extraordinary was done on my end at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment