Thursday, June 16, 2011

Taking screenshots when running Windows 7 on a Mac without third party software programs

A whole lot of things I do in life is absolutely useless and meaningless.

Yet, it is amazing how lessons learned might emerge through the unbearable uselessness in life... 8-O lol 8-X

So, I decided to break my 152-day streak in Cafe world about 2-3 days ago and wanted to take a screenshot to show you my record.

That's when I was confronted with this question... a question that I might have encountered before though the exact solution I used then already forgotten....

 "How do I take a screenshot when using Windows 7 on a Mac?"

....provided... not intention to install any third party screen capturing software programs on this machine...

For those of you who don't quite understand why this is a question...

While there is no "PrtScn" or Print Screen key on the Mac keyboard, the commands of "command+shift+4" alike do not work on windows 7 running on a Mac.

Just when I was about to give up, I discovered a solution, or, to be more exact, a solution someone else discovered and shared through the Internet... 8-O lol

There is a way to take a screenshot without using a third party software while running windows 7 on a Mac.  

Essentially, you can use the On-Screen Keyboard, which gives you the "PrtScn" key to press on.

The second question would be... How do you enable the On-Screen- Keyboard?

One way of doing it would be to click on "Start" and do a search for "on screen keyboard," or, you can simply copy and past the path "Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center" into the location bar for one of the explorer windows to get to the Ease of Access Center.

When in the Ease of Access Center, click on "Start On-Screen Keyboard," the Keyboard will pop up, and, voila, now you have the "Print Screen" Key to press on to take that screenshot of your heart's desire.... 8-O lol

Hope this helps!

P.S., Just found out how I had the problem resolved before with the solution then as a simple combination of  Shift+fn+F11... Didn't know that the solution was already within myself though the exploration did give me an alternative path towards Rome... while, en route, I learned that there exist a thing called the Ease of Access Center inside of the Control Panel... 8-O lol

No comments:

Post a Comment