Monday, September 13, 2010

Canon PowerShot A570 IS: Battery always low?

I got this Canon PowerShot A570 is about 3 years ago.... Think about it... I've had this camera for all most as long as I become physically disabled... 8-O lol

Anyways, I don't know since when... the camera would start showing the "battery low" indicator even right after I put in two newly charged batteries.... something apparently a known issue...

Like everyone else encountering the same problem...

I started pondering whether it is the problem of the camera, the rechargeable batteries or the battery charger....

Gotten so fed up by it... I was even thinking about getting another camera...

Then, today, I decided to see whether I could google up some potential solution for this problem before I do anything drastic...

Somewhere over the web, I read that one fix for this problem is to take both batteries out and press down the power (ON/OFF)  button for 30 seconds to reset the camera. 

So I went ahead and tried it out...

Voila!  It worked...

So I took the camera out with me when I took my walk inside of the East Metro Mall....

It worked fine for a while and I was able to take quite a few pictures and video clips.

Then, it happened again...

I saw this big red message blinking on the screen again!

So, I took the batteries out and pressed down the power button for at least 30 seconds.... while continuing with my walk...

After I put the batteries back in again, the battery low message disappeared again....

Apparently, this is a fix, not a cure.... Yet, at least there is a fix... I guess...

In addition, sometimes I would simply take the batteries out and put them back in... or, put the same batteries into different slots.... Magically, many a time, the camera would start taking pictures again after showing me the black screen of "Please replace your batteries."

Hope it works for you!

Man... it is bad enough that I am あちまショト (阿達媽秀逗 or the head is short-circuited)... Why my camera as well? 8-O lol

By the way, after you put the batteries back in, make sure that the grey plastic piece with a round dot in the middle is pushed all the way back.  The same plastic piece and round dot you used to open the cover to get the batteries in and out.  I found it to be the problem at times.  After I pushed it all the way back or after it is securely closed, the camera was back to operate again. Updated 6/26/2012

Since I can't use my own Canon a570 is to take a picture of itself, I found a pix online to show you what I mean by the grey piece of plastic and da dot visually.
Don't don't know whether there is still anyone out there using Canon a570 is.  Something new I discovered these two days, a plausible alternative to fix the never-ending battery always low problem... Rubber Band. 8-O lol  8/18/2013

4 comments:

  1. Here is a cure: wedge small pieces of foam under the battery contacts. http://www.epinions.com/review/Canon_PowerShot_A570_IS_Digital_Camera_1773B001/content_419818606212

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been getting the "Change The Batteries" message for sometime now but discovered just recently that if (after it shuts down) i turn it back on (sometimes once, sometimes several times) the camera will work. And since i've been doing this i am now up to over 230 pictures on the same battery charge.
    It is a bit of a nuisance but at least this otherwise good camera will work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing... It surely is a camera with peculiar personality if not camerality. lol

    ReplyDelete