Saturday, September 11, 2010

Visitors from China?

I love numbers.

Maybe one of the reason why I love numbers is that I have a legitimate outlet to exercise my abnormally over-active imagination... 

One thing about numbers is that... like everything else... you don't see what you don't see.  (Some run-on sentence, I guess...)

So I decided to explore the stats function provided by Blogger again...

Well, many hits from this and that countries... except for... lacking visits from Africa...

Then, it came to my attention....

I had visitors from China to 3 of my blogs not so often visited by myself somewhere between May and August 10th 2010...

Interesting and mysterious observation....

If blogspot is blocked and I really cannot access it in China, how does one get to these blogs from China?  To be more accurate, one could access my blog through a proxy... yet, with a proxy outside of China, the location of the visitor would be shown as the location of the proxy.... unless there is some fundamental flaw in my understand.... How could visits from China be recorded? 8-O

This is really driving me up the wall and I am absolutely confused....


(Questions about setting up the proxy? Check Set up a proxy with Firefox 3.6.9)

No comments:

Post a Comment