Saturday, September 11, 2010

Visit from China again... 8-O

Earlier today, I posted Visitors from China?

Earlier today, after I got back from the doctor's visit, I checked out the stats again...

And... oops... got another visit from China today?! 8-O


So I thought... Maybe the google stats doesn't really work.....

That's why... even I specify to not track my own pageviews, sometimes after I visit some older posts, I would see it reflected in the stats.... As a result, when checking out the stats, I mostly ignore them visits from Taiwan... considering it my own visit...

Then, it occurred to me what I read earlier today...

Apparently, the Internet in Hong Kong, though part of China, is uncensored.

Would it have been a visit from Hong Kong--- though identified as a visit from China?

So I found a working proxy in Hong Kong and tested it out by...

First, loading blogger.com.... and it worked.

Second, I tried to load one or two of my postings such as "Visitors from China?"... and the pages loaded...

In addition, every time I load a page, I could refresh the stats page... and found the stats to be reflected immediately...

Ended up, coinciding with my page load... on the stats page, I also saw the number of visits from Hong Kong increasing all the way up to 3...

Apparently, Hong Kong is not identified as China here....

Then... yours paranoid delusional thought... OMG... could it be... somebody with some kind of administrative privilege.... or simply a bot of some kind... 8-O

Though... on a second though.... a blog with on 12 minus at least 3 visits today... even I wouldn't give a rat's ass about it... How would anyone else? 8-O

(Despite so... I went back to the screenshots I have taken and edited out my email address from the image... Time for my meds... I guess... 8-O lol)





(Questions about setting up the proxy? Check Set up a proxy with Firefox 3.6.9)

No comments:

Post a Comment