Friday, September 24, 2010

Embed youtube clip in flash and Captivate 5 with Actionscript3

Was trying really hard to embed youtube in Captivate 5 with Actionscript 3... since Adobe got rid of actionscript 2 in Captivate 5....

Big issues for people who have been doing development using Actionscript 2 all these years.

One thing I could tell you is that... the simple script I used worked for embedding youtube clip in flash and, after embedding the flash file as an animation in Captivate 5, it also works in the library window... 8-O lol


Although the final product DOES allow me to see the clip stream for 3-5 seconds.. sort of like ships passing in the sea.... following is the product of my defective trial... (8-O lol).

Would like to share with you the simple codes etc I used... but... wait for another day... time for beauty sleep... especially when it was yesterday when, thinking about it, I really had to do something with it...

Since captivate 5 is still relatively new, I will just wait till them experts to cook up some resolutions since thinking too much might speed up my aging proces! lol

Seriously... experts... help!

Update: FYI-- Please check postings in the following Adobe Forum for a potential solution: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3147130. Unfortunately, no longer do I have a copy of the software on this machine; thus, I haven't gotten the chance to try it out myself. Hope the solution provided in the forum will help solving your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment