Saturday, November 28, 2009

All for screenshots: Puppy Linux


There are not really too many things I do with computers... with taking screenshot as one of them...

Unfortunately, with Ubuntu lite, after downloading and installing the appropriate packages, I was still having big time problem taking screenshots...

Eventually, I decided to wipe out the whole hard drive and do a clean install of Puppy Linux since they say this is one of them lite and fast OS for old computers...

I have made the installation process more complicated then it has to be...

In any case, when I was finally able to boot into Puppy and when the desktop was loaded... I was going to happily take a screenshot.... except for pressing down the PrintScreen key didn't seem to be doing a thing...

After a quick google search, I found out that I am not along with the screenshot thing....

The solution is... apparently, simple...

Essentially, what you need to do is to click on menu-->graphic->mtPaint Snapshot Screen Capture...

First time in my life heard of people wiped out the whole machine simply because she could not figure out how to take screenshot... 8-O lol

First posting through SeaMonkey on Puppy....

3 comments:

  1. PUPPY LINUX install problem on an elderly PC -Any help would be appreciated.

    I have recently been introduced to Puppy-Linux and have found it quite useful. I presently use Linux Ubuntu 8.10 & 9.04 on two of my machines with Windows XP as well. I have also been able to put Puppy 4.2.1 on to a USB memory stick and it works well on my machines and on one of my families older machines.
    >
    > However it is an elderly machine that does not have an USB port and I have tried to install the LIVE puppy linux from the CD but I have been having little success, both with versions 4.2.1 and 4.3.1. In fact 4.3.1 won’t boot up at all but it does on a slightly newer (old) machine and 4.2.1 goes through the loading sequence but fails at the Xorg and Xvesa stages. Xorg gives lots of red error messages and Xvesa just hangs with a blank screen and nothing appears to happen for a long time and the machine has to be re-started again. I ask whether there is anything that I can do to install Puppy on this machine so that it can properly work again. At the moment it uses Windows 98, has 3.2gb HDD, 128mb RAM, a HP CD writer, Chipset: Intel i430tx Cyrix 6x86mx and an old small standard CRT monitor with a serial mouse.

    At the moment elderley members of my family cannot use the machine and it seems a shame to throw it away particularly as somes family members would like to use it as they like the look of puppy linux 4.3.1 (but would like 4.2.1 if 4.3.1 cannot be installed).

    Therefore I am kindly asking for any help and advice about how I might be able to get Puppy Linux (4.2.1 or 4.3.1) installed on this machine. Although I use Ubuntu and Windows, I am still only an average user when it comes to Linux and any programming issues.

    I look forward to your reply and hope that you might be able to steer me in the right direction with this excellent little program.

    Anticipating your help - Jeff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jeff... sorry for the delayed reply... didn't see your comment until now and hope the issue is resolved by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you asking yourself "Can I access dark web links on my phone?"
    You can visit our website: dark web links

    ReplyDelete