Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SQL server 2005 security updates failed and Nvivo 8 on Windows 7

All other talents I might not have, one thing I am sure as hell is that... I am an expert in crashing computers.... 8-O lol

Guess this is why this boss and I have been asked to be the tester for new images.... for we are the champions in crashing machines.... oops... 8-O lol

Anyways, I don't know what I did wrong....

The SQL server 2005 security updates have failed for a few days on a roll...

I didn't quite care about it all that much since... yes, what do I need SQL server on the desktop for other than the Nvivo software does require the installation of SQL server for database purposes?

Yet, after I tried to install Nvivo 8 w/ SP4 on Windows 7, the program kept on crashing upon startup with an error message saying something is wrong with the SQL installation....

I did take the suggestion of uninstalling the software before closer today and will try to reinstall the program again tomorrow to see whether it would resolve the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment