Saturday, November 28, 2009

Shrunken screen

In addition to the screenshot delimma I had with Ubuntu lite, one more reason why I decided to switch to a different OS is because of the "Shrunken screen" phenomena on the old Toshiba Satellite (as well as the fact that I couldn't figure out how to find system information after hours of exploration)...

After I did a whole lot of research, tried out the FN+F11 keys, Esc+space+... a million times... there remained to be this black things on the outter side of the laptop monitor and with the resolution set to be something like 640X480....

Tried to find ways to increase the resolution including typing in th xrandr command directly into the terminal except for it kept on telling me even resultion such as "800X680" is not available...

In any case, the problem is solved after I switched to Puppy...

With puppy, the video detection kinda utility seems to be much user friendly and no longer am I facing a huge black frame on the screen with 640X480 resolution...

Of course, might have nothing to do with Ubuntu or xrandr... simply me dumb... 8-O lol

1 comment:

  1. If you are planning to access any links that are not allowed, then you can just bypass that site and proceed to another.
    You can visit our website: dark web links

    ReplyDelete