Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My first working LInux machine


Years back, I took this distance learning class for my sister on Linux operation system...

It was red hat I was supposed to work with then... and somehow the entire class got stuck at the installation stage.... for the entire semester....

I finally was able to get red hat installed although I never had the chance to get the Internet working...

Tonight, I decided to wipe out this old laptop running Pentium III, with peanuts amount of RAM, and a failing hard drive with about 20 GB.... since this old laptop could hardly handle Windows XP...

Owing to the amazing advances in Modern Technologies, other than the installation process is painfully slow due to the old age of this laptop, all that it took was some fewer than 10 clicks to wipe out the whole hard drive and install Ubuntu 9.10 on this machine... In addition, I plug the Ethernet cable in and the computer is on the Internet...

Something that I failed to accomplish after killing dozens of machines 8, or 9 or 10 years back.... either I have become smarter or the technologies have become fool-proof... 8-O lol

Still gotta figure out how to fine tune the interface etc... and... perhaps, I need to find a even thinner version of Lunix OS...

In any case, first post from my personal Linux Machine....

No comments:

Post a Comment