Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nvivo SP4 on Windows 7

Some people have it easy...

Although the installation of Nvivo SP4 was like a breeze for the others, I encountered some big time problem having it installed... having something to do with the SQL express 2005 thing for the database...

I tried to download the SQL express 2005 directly from Microsoft website and have it installed through the standalone program... However, it did not solve the problem.... That was last Friday, I think... the same day when I was having problems with the SQL server 2005 security update...

Before I left for the week, I uninstalled Nvivo SP4 and left the machine the way it is for the whole weekend...

When I came back on Monday, I realised that the security patch was installed successfully...

When I later tried to install Nvivo SP4 again, it was successful as well...

At the same time, I was told that, somehow, Nvivo 8 started to run only in administrative mode... which is pretty stupid since you can't let all computer lab users to be the administrator of the computers. Yet, with Nvivo 8 SP4 on Windows 7, I was able to launch the program and sort of play with it using a basic user account.

There were not to many things I did and I have absolutely no idea what exactly happen for all the wrongs to, all of a sudden, went right... 8-O lol

So you think there ain't no nothing more logical then computing technologies? 8-O lol

No comments:

Post a Comment