Sunday, November 29, 2009

Damn Small Linux

Finally got DSL (Damn Small Linux) to work...

Unfortunately, it stubbornly refused to load on the Satellite machine with the installation stall at the message

"scanning for hardisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab..."

I tried burning the ISO image from the same source to two different CDs.... Same result...

I tried downloading the ISO file from a difference source and burn it to a different CD... Same error message...

Eventually, I dicided to see whether it is simply due to the config of da Satellite machine by booting into this old Dell laptop instead...

Within seconds... the desktop loaded....

Not quite sure what the problem is but at least I got it to load and get to see the interface myself...

Apparently, you could use the mtPaint program to create screenshots....

Launch the application under "Apps"-->"Graphics"-->"mtPaint"

Once in the application, click File-->New

The new image window would pop up... select "Grab Screenshot" and click "create."

The only problem I am having now is that... I am not sure how to lose that mtPaint application in the screenshot... 8-O lol

Another way to take screenshot is by using the "X window snapshot" program ("System"-->"X window snapshot")... except for I yet have to figure out how to convert the x-window-specific xwd file into a jpg file...

Yet, at this poinst, I think I am going to go with Puppy since I like the baby blue desktop.... 8-O lol... this should be enough of the experiences for me.

First posting from DSL on a CD.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very powerful Android app which allows you to browse the internet securely from your smartphone.
    You can visit our website: dark web links

    ReplyDelete