Saturday, November 14, 2009

Log in screen: Another annoying thing about Windows 7

With Windows 7 or they say even Vista, it no longer shows you the drop-down box that allow you to select the domain to log in to. This is especially annoying when I want to login to the local computer because I have to type out the whole name of the computer before putting in my username... "COMPUTERNAME\username"

This annoys the hell out of me and I thought it is because I ain't no techie and that is why...

Decided to see whether there is a fix for this inconvenience and realized that I am not alone.... 8-O lol

Even them techie techies complain... Now I feel authorized to feel annoyed... 8-O lol

And, absolutely, "Selecting a drop-down is MUCH faster than typing a long computer name"


How would people in Microsoft themselves not getting annoyed? Unless nobody in Microsoft even tried to log on to the computer itself or the naming of their machines are things like... "pc1"... "pc2".... to "pcn"... with n representing the number of the computers in the organization at least.... 8-O lol

Don't understand what I am fussy about? Think of this scenario... for certain reason, you have to log in to the local admin account for 80 of the computers you maintain. What it would require you to do is to type in things like the following 80 times "1150GDtablet40\admin" instead of simply using the selection on the drop down box.

Well, some people might not care... lasy as I am... I would find it unnecessarily inconveniently annoying...

No comments:

Post a Comment