Friday, November 20, 2009

Sonic Solutions DLA driver blocked on Windows 7

8/1/2003 update: Based on a comment I got, I realized that Roxio might have redid their website and the link I provided no longer works. I found a link to DLA patches for Vista and think it might be the one I used... Access driver blocked

Unfortunately, since my computer doesn't show the symptom, I can't tell you for sure whether this is the link to the patch that resolved my issue. I would highly suggest you to contact the customer representatives first. If it does help, it would be highly appreciated if you can come back to leave a note... so that I can rewrite these texts in red to let people having similar issue know whether this is the right solution!

After I installed Roxio Creator DE, I have been receiving this error message these past few days.... "This driver is blocked due to compatibility issues... Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA.

When clicking on the "Check for solutions online" botton, nothing happened.

I finally decided to look into it and realized that it is a known problem since Windows Vista and found a link to an official solution on the Roxio website.

Essentially, since I am working on a Dell, I downloaded and installed the DLA path. After the computer was restarted, the error message disappeared....

12 comments:

  1. Yes it worked for me, thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonic solutions dla driver blocked fix works. thanks KK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, this worked for me on a HP Windows 7 64bit machine this morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worked for me. W7 32bit on an Acer desktop. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I installed Roxio 9 and then I got an error message saying that Roxio 9 was not compatible with Windows 7 so I removed the program however I am having problems with hang ups due to the driver still being on my PC and an error message saying that the driver is not compatible. I want to remove it entirely, what so I do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to have not gotten back to you earlier but hope it could have been resolved after you restarted your computer (since it's been 4 days since your post.)

    Did you go over the solution provided by Roxio in the linked page in my post?

    If your problem persists, the closest solution I have located for you online concerning the uninstallation issue is one for Windows Vista

    http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/Creator/000127CR&PARAMS=

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The link provided does not go the solution anymore. Can someone re post the correct link. I have Windows 7 64bit installed on my pc. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear David,

      Thanks for letting me know that this remains to be an issue and the link I provided is out of date. I looked all around the web in search of an answer for you. Based on the links people provided to get the issue resolved, I realize that Roxio might have gotten their website redone and this is why the link doesn't work any more.

      I did locate a link to the DLA patch for Vista and suspect this might be the same patch I used to resolve the issues on my dell system... Yet, since the issue no longer exist, I can't test it out first for you... I actually would suggest you to contact the customer service representative to ensure the patch is applicable for your system!

      Following is the link:

      http://corel.force.com/roxio/articles/en_US/Master_Article/Drive-Letter-Access-driver-blocked-on-Vista-launch?applicationSubCategory=Roxio+Legacy&keyWords=This+driver+is+blocked+due+to+compatibility+issues&lang=en_US&productSubCategory=Other+Roxio+Products&productTopCategory=Roxio_Products&sb=new&topicCategory=PI

      Good luck and let me know whether it helps!

      Delete